Clinical hypnotherapy home study courses.
Learning from home is easy and fun
OUR HOME STUDY COURSES ARE IDEAL FOR YOU TO LEARN A THERAPY TO IMPROVE YOUR OWN HEALTH AND WELL BEING.
- Our courses cover everything you need to know to practice the therapy with complete safety, confidence and competence.
- Our courses provide you with all the necessary know-how including detailed descriptions, illustrations, effects and benefits, and all of the techniques are practically demonstrated in detailed drawings and diagrams.
- You can simply use the course to better your understanding of the therapy. Or if you decide to take our online course test you will be awarded a certificate of achievement from the MAC complementary health clinic.
Our course is recognised by the
Professional Hypnotherapy Practitioners Association
View their website to see the services they offer Professional Hypnotherapists that are trained by our association Midland Academy of Complementary Health Studies (MACs)
- About the course and exam requirements.
- History of hypnosis.
- What is hypnosis?
- How it works
- Trance state.
- Formula for hypnosis.
- Ultradian rhythms.
- Laws of suggestion.
- Self demonstrations.
- Suggestibility tests.
- Hypnotic demonstrations.
- Pre conditioning of your client.
- Myths and misconceptions of hypnosis.
- The importance of your voice in hypnotic trance.
- The language of hypnotic inductions.
- Induction technique (direct).
- Deepening techniques.
- Objective and subjective signs of hypnosis.
- Termination of trance.
- Reluctance of client to de-hypnotize.
- Making a hypnotic tape and recording your attempts at hypnotic inductions.
- Direct induction practical.
- Dealing with possible difficulties in trance termination.
- Action to take when a client refuses to de-hypnotize.
- Elimination of unwanted suggestions.
- Pre-conditioning a client.
- Proof of hypnosis/convincers.
- Identifying the objective of the session.
- The stages of hypnosis.
- The rules of the mind.
- The rules governing the ethical use of hypnosis.
- The dangers of hypnosis.
- The dangers to the client and also the possible dangers to the therapist.
- Contraindications to the use of hypnosis.
- Drafting a client intake form.
- Establishing the well formed outcomes and reframing.
- Identification of the client?s sensory modes.
- Completion of the hemispheric brain dominance questionnaire.
- The objective of suggestion therapy.
- Structuring suggestions.
- Methods of suggestion.
- Additional dynamics in formulating suggestions.
- Direct versus indirect suggestions.
- Indirect suggestion.
- Self hypnosis.
- Objective of self hypnosis.
- Instruction on self hypnosis.
- Auto suggestion and autogenic training.
- Creating rapport.
- Identifying resistance and dealing with it.
- Swish technique.
- Instant inductions.
- Converting hypnotic tests into hypnosis.
- Age regression / timeline.
- Introduction to hypnotic weight management programme.
- Pin pointing where, when and why you eat.
- Changing your eating behaviour.
- Weight management programme.
- Information gathering.
- Setting achievable goals.
- Use of key words for weight management.
- Anchoring technique and anchoring key words.
- The power of suggestion.
- The importance of exercise.
- Pulse taking and identifying MHR.
- Cardio and muscle toning exercise.
- Eating for emotions.
- Conscious / subconscious eating behaviors.
- Eating like a thin person.
- The importance of water.
- Dealing with failure.
- Aversion therapy technique to substitute the offending food type.
- Individual inductions with a prepared script.
- Converting hypnotic tests into trance.
- Fears and phobias.
- Massed practice.
- Dealing with pain.
- Inducing anesthesia in a client.
- Migraine and tension headaches.
- Dealing with stress through hypnosis
- Identifying A/B personality profiles.
- Why we have and need stress.
- Primary stressors.
- Manifestations of repetitive stress.
- The stress of worry.
- The effects of stress and pressure.
- Rest, recreation and relaxation.
- Utilising stress to enhance your performance.
- Positive response statements.
- Behavioral effects and symptoms of stress.
- Conscious breathing.
- Defeat smoking.
- Identify why you smoke.
- Information gathering.
- Guidelines for suggestions to defeat smoking.
- Dealing with exam nerves, memory and concentration.
- Hypno-sport. Sport enhancement.
- Information on the diploma and advanced diploma course.
- Guidelines on setting up a successful hypnotherapy practice.
- Preparation for hypnotherapy exam.
- Practical assessment as part of your examination.
This page is currently under construction. Please check back soon and full details of Hypnosis training will be uploaded.