Indian Head Massage Training
This work shop is designed predominately to be a hand?s on experience. The general aims of this course is to ensure that the participant:
- Will have a basic knowledge of the history of Indian head massage.
- Understand when to give a treatment and in accordance with the contraindications when not to treat a person.
- Demonstrate competently the massage techniques taught on the course.
- Develop confidence in ones own ability when performing a massage.
- Understand the importance of keeping good case notes.
No previous experience is required to partake in this course.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to each participant on the day of the course and on return of the required 5 case studies and their completed examination paper a certificate of completion will be awarded to each successful candidate.
- What is Indian head massage
- The benefits of Indian head massage
- Structure of the skull
- Bones of the shoulder and neck
- Muscles of the face and head
- Preparation for Indian head massage
- Personal preparation
- Hand exercises
- State of mind
- Preparation of the client
- Consultation sheet
- Summary of the techniques used during the massage
- Explanation of the individual techniques used
- Some questions and answers
- Starting the massage
- Upper back and shoulders
- Practical assessment
A course manual is also included with the course and this outlines and explains the course in detail. It will help you during your case studies.